Cut Yourself Some Slack
Sometimes, we are our own worst critics and we need to give ourselves a break already! I am guilty of it too. I am now learning to be OK with who I am and my pace. I define my success not society. We are constantly worried about what people think and comparing ourselves to others. We lose sight of reality in the process. This need to be "perfect" is crippling. Today's society doesn't help either. Social media outlets like Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook portrays a life of bliss and people want what they see. The increasing pressure to be perfect is disturbing.
Goals and ambitions are great but there is a big difference between ambition and obsession. Obsessing over someone else's success, body and wealth is not going to help you. Find your own fuel and pat yourself on the back when you achieve something; no matter how small it is. It's an achievement. Celebrate yourself!
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Appreciate what you have. Stop and smell the roses. Appreciate what is right in front of you before asking for more. I love this quote by Oprah " be thankful for what you have: you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough" ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Make time for yourself.
- Surround yourself with people that support, love, motivate you and bring you joy.
- You are only human. You cannot accomplish all your goals in one day.
- Ask for help when you feel overwhelmed. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.